COVID-19 UPDATE FROM PINAWA GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
The Pinawa Golf and Country Club have implemented and follow the provincial health guidelines to help protect customers and staff. Please read and adhere to them when visiting and using the Clubs facilities. These may change from time to time. Please follow instructions at the Club.
Practice the fundamentals:
- Masks are required when entering the restaurant, proshop or other indoor spaces.
- Practice social distancing, wash / sanitize your hands, cough in your sleeve.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or have any Covid-19 symptoms, have traveled outside the province in the past 14 days, come in contact with anyone that may have COVID-19, or are in quarantine or isolation protocol.
Thanks for your cooperation!
BOOKING A TEE TIME
If you make a tee time online, by phone or in person, you agree to abide by the Covid-19 polices and procedures and also attest that you or your playing partners DO NOT have any covid-19 related symptoms, recently travelled, are in quarantine or isolation protocol or may have come into contact with anyone that may have Covid-19. Should your the health of you or playing partners change after booking and prior to your tee time, Please CANCEL and stay home. THANK YOU
Social distancing of 2m/6ft is ALWAYS required while on the property. This includes the parking lot, pro shop, golf carts, all areas of the golf course – especially tee boxes and greens.
Provincial guidelines, legislation and fines apply while on the property, and must be strictly adhered to. Anyone failing to comply with social distancing, or any of the policies listed below, will be subject to being removed from the facility and further banned until all such policies have been lifted.
FACILITY & OPERATIONAL CHANGES
- The washrooms in the restaurant will be the only washrooms open, please follow the signs for which doors to go in and out of. No on-course washrooms available.
- Only one group, up to 4 golfers, will be allowed in the pro shop at a time.
- Bookings of 2, 3, or 4 golfers will be allowed. Currently no single bookings.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the pro shop, as well as for purchase to take on the course.
- An outdoor cart wash and sanitizing area has been set up to ensure every cart is properly cleaned and disinfected before issued to another customer. Do not drop off used cart in the “clean cart” pick up location…watch for signs.
- Tee times will be at 15 minutes intervals to ensure proper spacing on the golf course and reduce the amount of traffic on the property.
- The driving range will be closed to start the season. There will be no cups in the putting green. Only 4 golfers on the putting green at a time if social distancing is being observed.
- Cash will NO LONGER be accepted for payment. Only debit and credit cards can be used. Contact-less payment can be made at the pro shop, or if you prefer, we can process your green fees over the phone.
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Due to limited tee times, all players must have a tee time before arriving at the golf course.
- Take advantage of online and/or call-in payments for your golf.
- Ensure that you do not have COVID-19 related symptoms, have not left the province within the last 14 days, and have not come in contact with anyone that may have COVID-19, are in quarantine or isolation protocol. If any of these situations apply to you, STAY HOME.
- Plan to arrive at the course no more than 15 minutes before your round. This will help to drastically reduce the amount of traffic before your round.
UPON ARRIVAL AT THE GOLF COURSE
- Only your group will be allowed in the Pro Shop (up to 4 players).
- All golfers must use hand sanitizer upon entering the Pro Shop.
- Follow the arrows once in the Pro Shop to safely check-in while still maintaining social distancing measures.
- Please ensure the group in front of you has left the 1st tee box before making your way there. All groups must wait until their assigned tee time (15-minute intervals), NO EXCEPTIONS.
- You will not be permitted to tee off early and if you are late for your tee time you will have to wait in the parking lot until the next available time slot.
AFTER YOUR ROUND OF GOLF
- Maintain proper social distancing of 2m/6ft while unloading in the parking lot.
- Return your golf cart to the appropriate area (watch for signs) so it can be properly cleaned and sanitized.
- All garbage and recycling are to be taken home with you, do not leave garbage/recycling in the cart for the staff to clean up.
- No congregating in the parking lot allowed. Please exit the facility upon returning your cart.
CHANGES TO YOUR GOLFING EXPERIENCE
- Social distancing of 2m/6ft must ALWAYS be maintained. this includes keeping your distance with all course maintenance staff.
- All high-touch areas have been removed – benches, ball washers, garbage cans and bunker rakes. On course benches have been removed or will be taped off and cannot be used during the round.
- Handshakes, high fives and any other touching gesture are not permitted before, during and after your round.
- Golfers are to take all their own garbage and recycling home with them, do not leave garbage/recycling in the carts.
- Only touch your own personal items – this includes golf balls, clubs and golf bags.
- Flag poles are to remain in the hole AT ALL TIMES.
- When in a bunker, we ask that you please smooth the sand with your foot following play. If you land in someone else’s footprints or a disturbed area you may take relief in another area of the bunker without penalty.